As one of Canada's largest independent appliance retailers, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our ever-growing team. If you thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment, like to keep your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies, and are ready to take forty years of customer service excellence to the next level, then please attach your resume here or apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you.
Goemans Appliances is dedicated to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). During the Recruitment process if you require accommodation for disability, please advise the Human Resources Department.
Appliance Sales Professional, Permanent Full Time
Reports To: Store Manager
Location: Vaughan, Stoney Creek, Whitby, Mississauga, Kitchener
At Goemans, we are always accepting resumes for experienced Sales Professionals who are able to learn quickly and have a passion to drive immediate results. We are committed to helping you achieve your Sales career by providing on-going product training and support in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience and assist customers in finding their appliance needs.
The Sales Professional is responsible for producing sales and providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to clients and customers. The Retail Sales Professional works with customers within the retail store location to deliver on sales targets, gross margins and high levels of customer satisfaction. The Retail Sales Professional ensures that strong customer relationships are nurtured to grow revenue from existing accounts and executes new business strategy to ensure that sales targets are attained through new accounts.
- Generate sales
- Greet customers and maintain a high level of customer service
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Answer emails and phone calls in a timely fashion
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Assist customer in making meaningful selections
- Enter customer orders into ePASS
- Conduct manufacture rep calls to build rapport and address concerns
- Research products and keep abreast of new product offers and their associated technical details.
- Confirm pricing and rebates and research product availability in ePASS
- Generate sales through personal contact with walk-in and or telephone customers, repeat customers and sales leads, presenting product models and explaining the modular process.
- Prepare comprehensive quotes for customers, and product specs for customers
- Maintain and enhance product knowledge
- Enter deposit and payment information accurately and handle cash sales as required
- Keep rebate information up to date
- Participate in all vendor training at the store level and off site.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Achieve monthly, quarterly sales quotas and the objectives of employment.
- Participate in corporate marketing activities, such as conferences, home and trade shows and open house events, training, sales meetings, as required.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times.
- Assist other sales reps in their ability to build long term relationships
- Keep the retail sales manager up to date on issues and concerns
- Be aware of and constantly strive to achieve targets for sales margin and warranties.
- Follow up and contact all quotes as requested by the Sale Manager
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to make excellent sales to achieve performance in alignment with goals and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Motivated and creative team player
- Experience in Retail sales preferred
- Computer literate with proficiency using basic programs such as Windows and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Level of job-related stress.
- Able to sit at a computer work station/ desk for minimum 3 hours intervals.
- Able to move with ease throughout; sitting, standing, walking intervals.
Assistant Store Manager (Goemans Stoney Creek, Goemans Markham )
Reports To: Retail Store Manager/District Manager
Supervises: Sales Associates
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) supports the Store Manager with managing the retail store. They work closely with both the Store Administrator and the sales team to contribute to the overall store success. The ASM helps create a culture focused on the execution of a superior customer experience, and professional standards as defined by TG Appliance Group Inc.
They focus on understanding and maintaining the company’s core values and the execution of established policies and procedures. Learning all aspects of the in store experience and requirements to keep the store successful.
Demonstrates a broad range of skills for a highly effective manager, trainer, coach and motivator with strong retail leadership. A process oriented and quality minded individual that also possesses the ability to bring people together in order to reach a common goal. Shares the responsibility for achieving sales and budget metrics through effective leadership, decision making and judgement.
A collaborator, innovator and team leader. Leads, influences and develops exceptional relationships with our customers, all store personnel, corporate and vendor partners. Connects and communicates with others with a comfortable and authentic approach. A highly motivated individual who thrives in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment, always up for a challenge and inspiring others to learn and think differently.
- Shared responsibility for the achievement of store sales goals and performance metrics through the execution of strategies and team performance management.
- Maximize profitability by exceeding store sales plan, KPI goals and driving store sales targets for the sales team; ensures process-controls are consistently and correctly managed
- Serve as the lead example in providing premium customer experience and builds relationships with our consumers
- Creates a “Selling Culture” ensures sales-associates are trained in the “TG Customer Experience”, participate in all vendor training programs and contemporary engagement / selling techniques.
- Thinks innovatively, acts strategically and creates a culture of customer-focused team members who deliver a world-class experience each and every day.
- Helps recruit, coach and develop sales staff, encourages and monitors team development; mentor, lead, and encourage collective team to succeed.
- Maintains high standards of visual merchandising and brand presentation throughout the selling floor; oversee store merchandising and responsible to maintain store look and feel in a compelling and exciting manner, while in accordance with company directives
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors’ operations on sales
- Co-manage along with Store Manager/District Manager optimal staffing and scheduling that meets store operational requirements, being responsive to traffic and business changes, while achieving all KPI’s and company goals
- Participates in sales staffing decisions including employment, discipline, training, termination with guidance from the HR department.
- Ensure proper training for all staff levels and recognize top talent for succession planning; supports all sales associates relations to create and foster a productive sales-force.
- Works in tandem with Store Manager to set work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Works in tandem with Store Administrator to understand and be able to support all administrative functions when required, to ensure time sensitive store and HQ needs are met.
- Is aware of and monitors compliance to MSP programs
- 2 -5 years of related retail sales experience; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in an Assistant Management position preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, direct, and train others in a retail setting
- Demonstrated track record of improving sales figures and KPI achievements with a strong understanding of retail profit measures and the ability to exceed sales and expense goals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a retail business & consumer to include regular nights, weekends, and holidays
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds
Skills required to do the job:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle multi-tasking in a professional and organized environment.
- Above average level of accuracy and detail-oriented.
Commercial Sales Account Manager
Reports To: Director of Commercial Sales
The Commercial Sales Account Manager works with a variety of builder and commercial accounts within their geographical region to deliver on Sales targets, Margin targets providing high levels of customer satisfaction. The Commercial Sales Account Manager continuously improves their personal competencies and effectiveness on the sales team by ensuring that they have a strong understanding of the overall sales system and processes. The Commercial Sales Account Manager ensures a full pipeline of future business and proper follow-up is maintained on quoted business. They ensure that strong customer relationships are nurtured to grow revenue from existing accounts and execute new business strategy to ensure that sales targets are attained through new accounts. The Commercial Sales Account Manager seeks to be the number one preferred supplier of appliances within the Builder/Developer community
- Develop accounts and grow commercial business within their region, meeting sales & profitability targets
- Have accountability for all aspects of the client relationship from quoting to shipping
- Prospect and cultivate new commercial accounts & opportunities
- Negotiate and secure supply contracts for new builder/developer projects
- Develop annual commercial sales account plan in conjunction with Commercial Director
- Sales cycle includes working with manufacturers, quoting, signing contracts, shipping and assisting with receivables
- Create all necessary sales materials to complete a proper project sales deck
- Sell inclusions with upgrade opportunities to builders
- Create all necessary specification packages for builder as per specific contract schedule, utilizing manufacturer specs on quoted products
- Work with project manager, develop and build referral relationships, attend divisional meetings, attend industry association meetings, and promote corporate image in the community
- Maintain profitable property management accounts
- Maintain accurate field inventory information in conjunction with inventory manager
- Update and keep current active builder account information
- Maintain and increase project knowledge as required
- Educate, encourage and promote support for builder programs with showroom managers and in store sales associates
- Work closely with designated site coordinator to ensure smooth completion of all projects
- Generate monthly reports as required
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that TG Appliance remains a safe workplace.
- Complete other assigned tasks that may fall outside of one’s daily activities as required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a sales/marketing, preferably in home building or appliance industry
- Solid track record of product or service selling and a demonstrated ability to successfully meet and exceed monthly targets generating new business
- Able to develop strong long-term strategic relationships with customers and have a history of excellence in sales with a moderate (months) sales cycle
- Excellent account management skills
- Experience developing quotes
- Superior negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel locally to meet accounts and visit job sites (car and valid driver’s license)
Skills required to do the job:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of fundamental financial concepts
- Able to handle multi-tasking in a professional and organized environment
- Above average level of accuracy and detail-oriented
- Above average computer literacy with Excel, Word and Power Point, as well as able to navigate the internet
- Able to learn and use our internal line of business software
Reports To: Installation Manager
The Installer Helper assists with appliance installations into customer’s homes, free of damages and done in a timely, safe and professional manner. The Installers must communicate with coordinators to report any issues and completion of jobs, as well as communicate with customers on installation arrival times.
- Complete installations in customer homes without damage.
- Ensure installations are completed safely.
- Carefully deliver products into client kitchens.
- Ensure supply’s on vans are maintained/maintenance/oil change appointments are booked.
- Communicate with service and install department on jobs completed, issues or concerns
- Complete all paperwork accurately through company iPads.
- Drive install vehicle safely and appropriately. Keep clean inside and out.
- Communicate with customers regarding arrival time and completion time
- Follow up with outstanding installations, liaising with Installations and Distribution manager to resolve any issues.
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that TG Appliance Group Inc. remains a safe workplace.
- Complete other assigned tasks as required.
- Be presentable and in company uniforms daily.
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 1 year appliance installation experience
- Gas fitter licence (G2 or G3)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively use investigative questions techniques to resolve problems.
- Attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines under time pressure
- Ability to communicate persuasively with internal and external contacts with tact, courtesy, and confidentiality
- Hold a valid Driver’s licence with access to a working car
- Ability to perform in an environment with frequent interruptions and short deadlines.
- Construction/Trades experience
- Work is performed outside and in client’s homes.
- Travel throughout Southern Ontario is required.
- Vehicle requires sitting for extended periods, reaching, twisting, and full control of arms and legs.
- Ability to lift heavy objects safely up to 200 lbs. with assisted devices.
- Physical dexterity, good hand-eye coordination, full vision and depth perception.
- Ladder work required should not be afraid of heights inside or out.
Social Media Specialist
Reports To: Content Marketing Manager
Are you an expert on all things Social Media? Are you up to date on the latest social trends? Do you love writing engaging captions and interacting with people on social platforms? If you are passionate about the brands you follow online and have a fascination with the world of Social Media - this job is for you.
The Social Media Specialist will report to the Content Marketing Manager and will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing social media content for both TG Appliance Group Brands: Tasco and Goemans, on multiple social media channels. Community engagement and analytic reporting will also be required.
The position will be a hybrid role, with 2 days required in office.
Important: Please include with your resume a 15 second video of yourself telling us why you’re passionate about Social Media. Only applications with this element will be considered.
• Generate, edit, publish and share content daily for two brands (Goemans & Tasco)
• Monitor, engage and respond to social media comments on all Social channels
• Collaborate on Social Media Content Calendars with Content Marketing Manager
• Prepare and present Social Media analytics reports monthly
• Collaborate with Graphic Design team to create assets for Social Media content
• Create video content for social channels such as Reels & Live Videos, where applicable
• Collaborate with various departments to support brands needs where appropriate
• Support Marketing initiatives with Social Media content and sponsored content
• Support Kitchen Design Team with appropriate social media content
• Attend company events, galas and dinners and capture social media content
• Support Content Marketing Manager with influencer initiatives
• Attend company and vendor events – create and post content live/real-time
• Assist with responding to online reviews and online customer service support
• You have a minimum of two years experience in Social Media and Community Management for a company or brand
• You have a post-secondary education in social media/business, communications/PR, English or similar
• You have in-depth knowledge of all social media platforms
• You have a proven track record of exceptional writing skills
• You have extensive experience managing multiple social media channels simultaneously
• You have experience working with social media analytics platforms
• You have experience with creating video content for social: Reels/Live content
• You have experience with paid Social Media content
• You have some experience with social media content deployment strategy
• You have a good understanding of graphic design
• You have an understanding of Adobe Suite
• You have an understanding of basic website and blog functionality
• You ideally would have some experience in the appliance or retail industry
• You have access to a vehicle
Skills required to do the job:
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to handle multi-tasking in a professional and organized environment
• Above average level of accuracy and detail oriented
• Valid Driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle